Monday

for the love of tea

Do you drink tea? I do! A lot. Tea is my choice of hot beverage at almost every time of day.Tea gives me an instant boost of energy when I feel out of sorts,and calms my nerves when feeling 'like too little butter stretched over too much toast'-as dear Bilbo Baggins put it.
I drink tea on its own with just as much gusto as with a sandwich, biscuits&cake, fruit; even with lunch and dinner,mostly in place of a glass of water.Which does get you noticed,especially if dining in a restaurant.
Would I be living in one of those bygone eras where tea was associated with lots of etiquette and pomp I most probably would have followed enthusiastically every nonsensical detail,and while serving tea I would have asked with as much style as possible 'lemon or milk?'.
Naturally such deep rooted love for all things tea does open up a rather wide door into the world of tea and tea related things,like teapots,cups,recipes for things to nibble on while happily slurping away.For the real tea enthusiast there is tea-related jewelry,books on tea,tea-history and tea-etiquette,and beautiful tea-rooms and houses around the world.Museums are good places to find something tea-ish,and a trip to one of the hill stations in India or other tea plantations,like Candy in Sri Lanka would surely be a treat.
In this weekly post I will try to find out what tea lovers around the world do,buy, try out and where their passion takes them.
Till than,have a nice cup of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment